"Rusty, The boy from the Hills"

: #trekRoopkund: "Rusty, The boy from the Hills"

"Rusty, The boy from the Hills"

Though my 'Rusty' is not quiet,or lonely boy who lives with his grandparents in 'pre-Independence Dehra Dun', he is now in Delhi who took his life as adventurous as I never imagined. At the time of my holiday when I was doing my most adventurous high altitude trek in #trekRoopkund ,he was taking care of me by preparing the 'Maggi' at the high point of Kallu Vinayak(14500ft). Ok. So, what do you (me too!) think about him? A shopkeeper Boy!! Yes. A shopkeeper Boy. After one and half hour trek to 'Baguabasa Camp' when I was roaming the sides of the slopes, I met my 'Rusty' again in a small shop of 'Maggie and Tea'. Asking me to come and sit, I think , how is it possible for this boy to be here within that short time. With a cup of coffee, he revealed all. He is a curious boy to whom 'amusing things are always happening'. The shop at 'Kallu-Vinayak' (only two shops) and at the shop at 'Baguabasa Camp' site (six shops/ 15100 ft) are his own shops which he inherited.
But Why My 'Rusty' is special??
Anyone from hills can walk one place to another within one fourth of our (people of plains) time. Anyone can run two shops in a day.
But!!! But!!! Again I am saying you my 'Rusty' is special.
He is a boy of Kanul village who is running these two shops for his family and his studies(!!) for this two and half month of #trekRoopkund with a special permission from his college. He is a student of 2nd year Civil Engineering of CNG B Tech College of Gurgaon. (details and the other story! of his life is always be with me.)
I do this trek with my two nieces. One of them is also a student of Engineering. We both are now enthralled!!! How!!!

"Rusty is all about the winning of friends," (He is) a sensitive and often lonely boy. He puts his trust in friendship", said Ruskin Bond.
Salute to you My Boy!!! My 'Rusty'(Pradeep Negi/ 8449510749).

Comments

Popular Posts